Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beyond My Four Walls

I realize that it's been awhile since I last posted anything, but that hasn't been due to neglecting the Awareness front!! There is a world out there, a big wide world! While that time has passed, there have been far too many kiddos whose Earthly journey has taken a Heavenly turn (among them a couple of the kiddos I met back in September at Aimee Dickey's Walk for Childhood cancer Awareness; beautiful boys, both of them - both far too young and gone too soon!!) They wear their wings and watch over us all, encouraging us to keep fighting!!

Now you might wonder what I've been up to otherwise. Well, presently I'm working on putting together a video (my very first attempt ever at this): it will be to raise Awareness for Childhood cancer, to show why we fight so fiercely and to hopefully inspire even more people to join and stand beside us in the fight!! It's been an ongoing project in my head but I took action this past week and got the proverbial ball rolling! I've been very diligently piecing this video together, asking permission to use the faces of beautiful Angels of varying types of Childhood cancer in a wide range of ages!! I'm hoping I'll have it ready to actually share before too much longer.

In the meantime, send up prayers for all the families that have been touched by Childhood cancer...pray for the Angels, the Warriors, the Survivors and the Yet To Be Diagnosed. Though none of us CHOSE to walk this path and take this journey, we take each step in FAITH as God allows our paths to intersect; at these intersections, we come upon people who become our family!!!

Remember, TODAY in the U.S.:
*There will be at least 46 kids newly diagnosed with some form of Childhood cancer (bringing at least 46 families to their knees and changing their lives forever!)
*There will be 7 beautiful Warriors who will draw their last breath here on Earth and become Angels!
*TODAY...WE FIGHT!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Man changing your life forever,and much much more! I am just waiting for the day we can say we have a cure and NO MORE INICIENT CHILDREN HAVE TO DIE!!! FIGHT IS WHAT WE DID and ALWAYS WILL! Our children are the courageous HERO's.
    You have a great site here, thank you for bringing awareness to so many thirsty minds.
    Melisa
    http://jacobshope.blogspot.com/

    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melisa,
    Life changing...got THAT right!! Forever and ever and so much more, there's an impact not just on the heart but on the very soul of a person!! I've met some absolutely amazing people because of Childhood cancer...and though I hate the fact it even exists at all, I'm so glad to have become a part of this extended family!

    Each of these cancer kiddos, every beautiful face - be it that of an Angel, a Warrior, a Survivor or even those newly diagnosed (even those YET TO BE diagnosed) - is worth fighting for!!

    Thank you and I'll sure try to do my best to put plenty of Awareness on here for those thirsty minds to drink from!!

    Today...and every day...WE FIGHT!!

    ReplyDelete